About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Crafts

Here are a few snow day crafts to keep you busy and learning.

This project was designed differently than it came out. My plan was to place the white snowflake on the white paper and then paint the paper with purple, blue and white swirls. Once it was dry, we would peel off the snowflakes and have the white paper remain. The kids wanted to paint first and then stick on the snowflakes - fine by me! They blended the purple, blue and white paint a little more than planned but that's okay too!
Good ol' fashioned snowflakes. It tool me a little while to remember how to fold the paper and I'll not sure I saw even doing it correctly. I took a piece of computer paper, cut the edge off to make a square. Then folded it into a triangle. Fold again into a triangle and then one more small triangle. We used a variety of scissors and even a hole punch.


Using a snowflake-shaped cookie cutter as a pattern, trace the outline onto black construction paper. Older kids can do this themselves, or even for a younger sibling too. Cut out the snowflakes, and place on top of a sheet of clear contact paper with the sticky side up. Invite your child over to sprinkle the snowflakes with tiny pieces of tissue paper. Cover with another sheet of clear contact paper over top, and trim the edges. Hang in a bright window!

No comments:

Post a Comment