About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3 - Christmas Advent

Day 3
What did we read about yesterday? We read about an angel telling Mary she would have a baby named Jesus. Today, Mary is so excited that she visited her cousin, Elizabeth. Elizabeth is also going to have a baby. We will read about a song that Mary sang because she was so happy that God chose her to be Jesus' mom.

Read Luke 1:39-56

Let’s get out the microphones and musical instruments to practice singing just like Mary about the good news of Jesus’ birth.

Read One Starry Night by Jan Goodfrey and Honor Ayers
Watch Shrek the Halls - not a biblical Christmas movie but a fun movie to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment