About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 19

Day 19
A few years ago, I began keeping a separate Christmas tree as our "Jesus tree". We have our typical Christmas pine tree with all sorts of keepsake ornaments from a swimsuit Santa to a happy tooth!
But I wanted to keep a special tree that allowed our family to focus on the real meaning of Christmas - Jesus' birth. So, I use a wire tree to hang ornaments of Jesus' birth. The tree sits in the entryway of our home. We see it every time we go up or down the stairs and guests see it as soon as they enter our home.
Here are a few of the special ornaments that hang on the tree:
I purchase a new ornament every year and I would love to have enough ornaments to decorate our entire real Christmas tree one day!
Today as part of our Christmas Advent activities, we will talk about why these ornaments are so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment