About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 15 - Christmas Advent

Day 15

Read 1 John 4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

How do we know that God loves us? Discuss how Jesus' birth was how God showed his love for us. God gave us Jesus at Christmas because God loved us so much; what can you give God for Christmas?
These are my children's answers:
Jake: my sins (which I think is a really good answer)
Brooke: gold (I'm glad she has been listening to the Christmas story)
Kate: my Taggie (her prized possession)

We talked about how we could God our hearts at Christmas since what God really wants is for us to live in heaven with him.

Read The Tale of Three Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment