About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 20

Day 20
Today we read Little Drummer Boy by Ezra Jack Keats

In the book, the little drummer boy has no money to buy a gift for Baby Jesus so he plays his best song for Jesus. We talked about the "best" gifts we could give Baby Jesus. I was hoping to get a song, dance, or guitar solo from my kids but ended up with a Taggie, sleepy bear, and all of Jake's stuffed animals. To a child, those are precious gifts!

We turned on the Little Drummer Boy song from the ipod and marched and sang.

No comments:

Post a Comment