About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Little Boy Blue

Little Boy Blue

We practice and recite a nursery rhyme each week. This week we learned Little Boy Blue and did some activities. Sometimes we do a puppet show or a craft as well. You can also see our Humpty Dumpty, Old Mother Hubboard, and Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater activities.

1. Watch the nursery rhyme on You Tube. There are quite a few videos on each nursery rhyme. Some are a little weird but there are some good ones too. Here is one and it will lead you to many others http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJJSRdIL158


2. Here is an 8 page mini-book for your child to read on Little Boy Blue

3. Use some coloring sheets from Enchanted Learning.

4. Act it out!









No comments:

Post a Comment