About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Go Fish

objective:
a. to ask the question, "Do you have a _______?" correctly
b. to recall the vocabulary for common words

Points to remember:
1. You can make your own cards like we did or use store-bought cards
2. The words can all be a certain sound you are focusing on or a certain theme

Lesson:
1. Look through the cards and help your child recall the names of the objects
2. Give her 3 cards, give yourself 3 cards and put the remaining cards face down in the middle
3. Have your child ask you for a card. Make her correctly say, "Mommy, do you have a dog?"
4. Give her a dog if you have it or say, "Go Fish"
5. Continue to take turns requiring your child to say, "Mommy, do you have a ____?" and "Go Fish" at the appropriate times.



Modifications:
1. We had many tears over winning the game....for our family, it is best for me to play with just Brooke so I can teach her game etiquette too.
2. These cards can be used for a game of Memory as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment