About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Magnet trays

Monday through Friday, Brooke and Kate have Magnet Trays to complete. I set up 3 trays each day that encourage them to work independently on certain skills such as letters, numbers, shapes, real-life skills, cutting, and more.

The reason I call them Magnet Trays is: 1) the activity is on a tray and 2) they get a magnet for completing it. Once they collect 45 magnets, it is a trip to the toy store to purchase a small toy or treat. Now, 45 may seem like a lot of magnets but remember I have 2 girls earning 3 magnets each so we get up to 6 magnets in a day. I do not force them to do an activity if they don't want to, but they don't get a magnet unless they do complete the activity. For example, Kate does not like Lacing activities and often will not do that tray.




Coloring Sheets

Lacing Letters

PlayDough Mats




Small Motor Skills


Dot Painting Letters


Shape or Size Sorting

Tracing


Numbers and Counting



Real-Life Skills



Alphabet Practice

No comments:

Post a Comment