About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Coloring

objective:
a. practice colors
b. follow directions
c. work independently



Points to Remember:
1. Some children like to follow directions and others prefer to do things there own way. Of course, both are important.
2. Let your child know that when they go to school, they need to be able to follow directions.
3. If your child really wants to do it her own way, print two sheets. The first one follow the directions, the second let her color as she wants.

Lesson:
1. Print the Coloring Sheet

2. I color over the word "pink" with the color pink. Set out the 7 colors that she will need.

3. Make sure your child know to color number 1 pink, number 2 brown, etc.

4. Let your child color independently and show you her work when she is finished.

Modification: 1. You can do this with any worksheet or preschool coloring book. Brooke does not like to follow directions so this is a skill we work on quite often. I would rather deal with the tears and tantrums at home than have her behave poorly at school. 2. I choose a farm animal sheet since our Nursery Rhyme of the Week is Little Boy Blue which has some farm animals in the rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment