About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

top, bottom, under, near, next to, between, below, in

objective:
a. to practice with top, bottom, under, near, next to, between, below, in
b. following directions with 2 or more critical elements

Points to remember:
1. I put this little book in my purse and used it while waiting this afternoon at an appointment.
2. You child should know the names of all the animals before you begin.
3. The stickers are removable so you can use this activity again. Lesson:
1. The inside of the book is a sticker page. Show your child one page of stickers at a time.

2. Tell you child, "Place the mommy pig with her 2 babies on the farm." I let Brooke place the sticker wherever she wanted on the farm. Then I began to use location words.
3. "Put the other baby pig near the mommy"
"Put the chicken and her chicks under the barn."
"Put the roster next to the mommy chicken."
"Put the boy at the top."
"Place the pool of turtles at the bottom of the page."
"Put the goats in the fence."
"Put the goats between the chickens and the goats."
"Place the food dish below the boy."
4. Continue you use all the stickers or you child doesn't want to play anymore.
Modification:
1. Brooke was able to get all the location words except below so we practiced later in the day while at an indoor play place. I had her hide below the swing and then below the table. She enjoyed this game and practiced the other words such as in, on, out, top and bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment