About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year"s Resolutions

I have 2 (sorta 3) resolutions for 2011. Let me share:

1. My first resolution is cook more meals at home. We eat at home most nights, but end up with take-out or a ready-to-cook meal from the freezer section. I will cook 5 nights of the week. On Thursdays we will eat out, and Sunday will probably be a left-over night. Hopefully our family meals will be healthier and less expensive. I get my weekly menus and recipes from http://menus4moms.com/. You can purchase the weekly menus or get menus from the archives for free. Since I am cheap, I get the menus from the archive - works for me. A weeks menu is 5 days and includes the recipes and a grocery list. Since we will eat out one night and have a left-over night, the 5 menus work perfectly! Tonight is potato and ham skillet!
2. Get back into the chore chart. We have used the Accountable Kids chore system in our home. This summer we took a break from it and never got back to it! Jake, my 6 year old, does well with his chores and doesn't really need the chart. On the other hand, I find myself "babying" the twins and not requiring them to do much. I know this will come back and get me soon. So the chore chart is started again. The Accountable Kids system is a little overwhelming at first glance, but the book really helps to break it into manageable steps.

3. My "sorta" number 3 resolution is actually my husband's resolution. He wants to eat healthier lunches and wants me to pack a lunch for him everyday. It is actually his resolution but "sorta" became mine too!

A Happy 2011 New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment