About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Resurection Eggs

I use Resurrection Eggs to teach my children about Easter. We have had our about 3 years and are missing the spear (but found a sword to replace it). This is a great way to teach kids about Easter and for them to be able to use the objects to re-tell the story back to you. My set came with a book called Benjamin's Box. I read from the book (summarizing a little) as the kids open the eggs.

The kids will set out all the items from the eggs as I read.

Then use the items to re-tell me the Easter story. By re-telling the story using the objects, I know they understand.

Here are 2 great blogs that gives even more ideas for how to use your Resurection Eggs:


No comments:

Post a Comment