About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Little Miss Muffett

Little Miss Muffett


Act it out! This was so fun! The kids really enjoyed acting out this rhyme and it was so easy to do! All I needed was a stool, bowl and spoon!


Sequence the Nursery Rhyme - We used some sequence cards to help Brooke re-tell the story of Little Miss Muffett. Re-telling is a valuable auditory skill and using the cards helped her to remember. I asked her to re-tell each card and then to re-tell the whole nursery rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment