About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Foochie and the Easter Bunny

objective:

a. to follow directions with 3 or more critical elements

b. to demonstrate understanding of location vocabulary such as next to, on top, in front of, etc.


Points to Remember:

1. You will need 5 jelly beans: red, yello, purple, green and black

2. You will need to download this from The Listening Room before they change activities.


Lesson: 1. Have your child start as the Listener. I choose a card and without letting Brooke see, I describe where to place the jellybeans with sentences such as, "The purple jelly bean is in front of the Easter Bunny. The black jellybean is on top of the doghouse." 2. When all the candies are in the proper place, check the card to make sure it is correct. 3. Have your child take a turn describing where to place the jellybeans while you place them on the scene


Modifications:

1. Set a timer and try to get all the jellybeans placed before the timer rings.

2. Download the game here: Foochie and the Easter Bunny





No comments:

Post a Comment