About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Listening Awareness

Listening Awareness Have child close eyes and listen for three sounds you make. Ex: Parent claps hands, snaps fingers, and stomps feet. Child opens eyes. Parent says, "First you heard ______. In the middle you heard_____. And last you heard ______." Child fills in blank. Continue listening game using the following: animal sounds (moo, oink, quack) color words familiar items (tree, grass, truck) letters of alphabet sounds of alphabet "b-a-t"

No comments:

Post a Comment