About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rhyming Cards

objective:
a. listen for rhyming words
b. pronounce each word correctly

Points to Remember:
1. I have read the books Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham with Brooke many times. Make sure your child is familiar with the books - it will make it easier to find the rhymes.
Lesson:
1. I found these cute Dr. Seuss Rhyming Cards at Activity Mom and we used them to play a matching game.
2. I put all 18 of the cards on the floor
3. I began the rhyme by saying, "I will not eat it with a goat, I will not eat it in a _____"
4. Your child will say boat and pick up the 2 cards
5. Reinforce the rhyme by saying "goat and boat rhyme"
6. Have your child say, goat and boat
7. Repeat, "I will not eat it in the rain, I will not eat it on a _____"


Modifications:
1. By saying the line from the book Green Eggs and Ham, it makes it easier for your child. Try having her match rhymes without the clue from the book.
2. Use the cards to play Go Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment