About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day

We LOVE celebrating St. Patrick's Day at our house! I love creating the special memories with our children! My ultimate goal is for them to always wish they were at home on holidays -so I really do them special! Wouldn't it be great for my children to be grown and away from home and call me saying, "Mom, it is St Patrick's Day and I wish I was home to eat Lucky Charms and Rainbow Cupcakes." So, with that in mind, I LOVE celebrating and creating memories now!
Breakfast
We start at breakfast with Lucky Charms! This cereal only appears in our house on St. Patrick's Day - they don't get it at any other time during the year! Wow, they look forward to it!

Lunch

Lunch on St. Patrick's Day includes shamrocks, Leprechaun magic, and rainbows! They have a Lucky Charm rice crispy treat (I found these at Target this year), rainbow Twizzlers, a rainbow cupcake, and shamrock sandwich made from an English Muffin, cheese and a sliced green pepper to look like a shamrock, a pot of gold, and Leprechaun pudding. The Leprechaun pudding is vanilla pudding with some green food coloring hiding inside - the kids will stir it up so see the Leprechaun Magic turn it green!
This is our Pot of Gold Jello - yellow jello-jigglers cut into gold pieces!

I love our Rainbow cupcakes - white cake mix separated into 6 bowls and turned red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. Spoon one color at a time and use a toothpick to spread the color. Bake as directed on the cake box.


Dinner

Dinner was cabbage and sausage - that is Irish right? With green corn muffins and green salad.
Dessert was Shamrock Shakes:

Shamrock Shakes are mint ice-cream blended with mint extract, green food coloring, and milk! Yummy! Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment