About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Birthday Party Video

Brooke and Kate had an I Spy birthday Party

This is the front of their invitations: I took my own I Spy picture (notice the picture of Brooke and Kate on the I Spy page) and it reads "I Spy with my Little Eye 2 birthday girls who are turning 5, a cake, a game, and a balloon to take." The inside of the invitation had all the details.


At the party we had an I Spy puzzle and books
A make-your-own I Spy Bottle where the children found 10 items in the big bucket and make a bottle to take.
The Balloon Fairy


And an I Spy Game where the children had to find objects on the floor. The caller would say, "I Spy with my little eye something green" and the kids would move to stand on something green. Then the caller would say, "I spy with my little eye something that lives on a farm" and the kids would move to another picture. More than one child can stand on an object at a time and there were at least 3 options for each category. I adapted the idea from our Hullabaloo game and it worked perfectly. The pictures on the floor are stickers on pieces of white paper.


A video of the party is below. Just so you know, the party was right after preschool on March 9th which was Ash Wednesday. You'll notice the kids have ashes on their foreheads - they did that at preschool, not at the party! Just so you know! :) But it would make for a unique party idea!












1 comment: