About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Listening to sounds

objective: 1. recognize and describe sounds 2. use the computer mouse to click on yellow dots Points to remember: 1. your child may not know the name of the object but use descriptions of the sounds 2. make sure to use lots of conversation Lesson: 1. Go to http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/SoundStimuli.html 2. Allow your child to click on one yellow dot at a time 3. Each dot is a different sound 4. Some are real sounds and others are funny sound effects. So me start of quietly and gradually get louder, some are long and some are short so there's lots to talk about. For example there are bells, helicopters, chimes, tiger growls, and more. Modifications: 1. Fisher Price has a game called "Who's at the Door?" which is similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment