About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Going to the Park

I found this great listening game at The Listening Room. They post a new listening activity each week for preschool and school age children. This one is called Listening at the Park.

objective: a. to listen to clues about objects on the game board b. to give auditory clues about objects on the game board by describing gender, colors, actions, etc.


Points to Remember 1. you will need a die and 2 game pieces


Lesson: 1. Player 1 begins by placing a token on the start space at the top of the gameboard and rolling the die. Player 2 then chooses a card from the face down pile. Without showing it to Player 1, Player 2 describes the item on the gameboard.


2. Player 1 must then LISTEN and find the matching item on the gameboard. When the item is found Player 1 can move his token the indicated number of spaces.


3. Play then passes to Player 2



Modifications:

1. Grandpa and Brooke played this game, you can have more members of the family join in the fun. 2. Create your own game board of an I spy page or a busy scene from a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment