About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yucky!


Using a gallon size Ziploc bag, create a monster. I printed this monster from The Listening Room. To play, gather 12-20 itsy-bitsy miniatures; they can be food items, vehicles, clothing, etc since monsters eat just about everything. Play and "I Spy" type game by saying, "I see something yummy to eat....." and give a description of one of the itsy-bitsy miniatures.

Once your child finds the item, pretend to but mustard or ketchup or BBQ sauce on it and eat it up by placing it in the monster's mouth. Then let your child have a turn to describe an item.

Brooke had some great descriptions today. For French Fries she said, "You hold it with your fingers, it is red and yellow." She described the ice cream cone by saying, "It is white and brown and has a cone." I thought those where great descriptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment