About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Silly Mistakes - Phonemic Awareness - Step 1

Silly Mistakes

We said some nursery rhymes by replacing a word with another word. For example, Jack and Jill went up the pickle. Today we are going to say the words in the in the wrong order such as The first little pig built a straw of house and ask your child to catch your error! (Silly mom or dad.)
For example:
1. Hey, Diddle Diddle the cat in the fiddle,
the dish ran away with the spoon
The cow jumped over the moon
The little dog laughed to see such a sight
2. One, two buckle my shoe,
three, four shut the door
nine, ten, a big fat hen
five, six pick up sticks
seven, eight lay them straight
3. Hickory, Dickory Dock
The mouse ran up the clock
The clock struck one
Hickory Dickory Dock
The mouse ran down

These are quick and easy to do! We did them while we were walking across the parking lot to Target. Your child should say, "That is not right." or "No, it is this way." to show she noticed the mistakes. Play often!

No comments:

Post a Comment