About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

So very thankful today for The Giver and not the gifts!


James 1:17 tells us: “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father….”

B - Baby Jesus! I am thankful that God fulfilled his promise of sending his only son, Jesus
E - Everlasting Life! I am thankful for Jesus' ultimate sacrifice so that I may live in heaven

T - Turkey!
H - Health and Healing! Thankful for God's promise that all things work toward His good.
A - Abundance! I am thankful for the abundant blessings in my life
N - Neighbors and friends! My friends are a treasure in my life. Thank you!
K - King of Kings! I am thankful that my God is the King over all the world and all in it.
F - Forgiveness! I had a debt that I could not pay - Jesus paid the price - I am thankful
U - Umbrella of Protection! My family is under the protection of God. Psalm 5
L - Love! God loves us no matter what and I give thanks


Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment