About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with
thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God,
which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through
Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

Prayer +Thanksgiving = Peace

Sometimes life just stinks. Clearly, the key is not just to pray though it, it is to pray with thanksgiving! Sometimes it’s hard to find things to be thankful for isn’t it? And I’ve realized that finding something to be thankful for, even if it’s just something silly, changes my focus from the things that are worrying me, onto the Lord who has covered and supplied ALL-MY-NEEDS!

Which is why Paul goes on to say:

“Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble,
whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are
lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if
there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.” Philippians
4:8



No comments:

Post a Comment