About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thursday: Thankful Thursday as I call it and I need find something to be thankful for today. It shouldn't be that hard! I feel that I am truly blessed in all areas of my life - and I have this promise from God that He will make my path smooth.
Proverbs 3:6
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths smooth.
I love this translation....I love the mental picture of God making my path smooth - He's a giant steam roller rolling over the bumppy path and behind him is a smooth road. Yes, there are still bumps and potholes and danger along the way....but those bumps are made a little bit smoother when I trust in God and acknowledge Him.

Lately, I feel attacks by Satan, him evil schemes. I think it is because God has a purpose, a plan, something big planned for me and Satan needs to get me to fail, feel guilty, and sin all in an attempt to thwart God's plan. I refuse to let that happen.

Do you know why Satan's tactics are called schemes in 2 Corinthians 2:10-11? A scheme is a plan, design, or program of action. Satan's schemes are well thought through plans specifically targeted to do three things:
1. To increase your desire for something outside the will of God.
2. To make you think giving in to a weakness is no big deal.
3. To minimize your ability to think through the consequences of falling to this temptation.
Satan is a master of keeping that cost hidden until it's too late. He delights in darkness.

Dear Lord, I am reminded that boldly following You is so much better than any short term experience that's not pleasing to You. Give me Your eyes so that I can see temptation and its many different faces. Thank you for already winning this battle. Thank you for declaring victory over Satan at the cross. Thank you for fighting on my behalf. Thank you for promising that Satan will be crushed: And the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Romans 16:20 Satan will one day be under my foot and it is God who will put him there. Thank you for the victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment