About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Numbers

Objective:
1. One-to-one correspondence.
2. Number recognition 1-6
3. Practice following the directions of middle, biggest, smallest and all

Points to Remember:
1. I typically have some "homework" that Brooke and Kate do while Jake does his homework from 1st grade.
2. The kids sit at the kitchen table to complete their homework as I walk around and help as needed.
3. Since we do this everyday, I usually don't get too much complaining.

Today we worked a little bit on numbers and following directions while Jake practiced his word wall words from school.
Lessons:
I printed worksheets on apples from TLS Books.com . The site has great worksheets to print for free.

In this sheet your child counts the apples and circles the answer. Then your child colors the middle apple.On this sheet, your child counts the apples and circles the number. Then your child colors the biggest appleHere your child counts the apples and circles the number. Then your child colors the smallest apple.On this sheet, your child counts the apples and circles the answer. Then you child colors all the apples.

What I like about these sheets is the practice with middle, biggest, smallest, and all as your child practices one-to-one correspondence and number recognition.

Brooke did great today and successfully completed all the sheets after I read her the direction.

Modifications:

1. I printed all 4 sheets onto one page. Then cut the page into four small sheets, giving Brooke one sheet at a time. Saving paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment