About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Computer Time

We spend a little bit of time playing on the computer each week. It is my opportunity to introduce some computer vocabulary that the girls will need in Kindergarten as well as focus on academic skills. Here are our favorites:
1. Star Fall.
The girls practice alphabet skills as well as stories. This is good practice for moving and controlling the mouse.
2. Nursery Rhyme videos
We watch and listen to Nursery Rhymes at this site and this site. Sometimes we watch them on You Tube as well.
Letter Alphabet Power Points from 1+1+1=1 are great. Here is a video of the Letter T and information on how to get them.
4. Microsoft Word
Brooke and Kate like to type letters into a document. They have fun finding letters and seeing them pop up on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment