About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Brooke's 3 year-old preschool report card. Note her teacher's comment about being "very talktive"....I can not express how wonderful it is to hear Brooke's teacher describe her as "talkative". It is an answer to prayer: I have prayed for God to allow her to speak with boldness, so as she grows, she will speak God's truths with amazing boldness and courage! God has answered my prayer and I can not wait to see what He has planned for her!

Report Card

Ephesians 6:18-20
And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for the Lord's people. Pray also for me (Brooke), that whenever I (she) speak, words may be given to me (her) so that I (she) will fearlessly make known the mysteries of the gospel, for which I (she) am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I (Brooke) may declare it fearlessly, as I (she) should.

My prayer for Brooke that has been answered and will continue to be answered:
Lord, I pray that You will give Brooke boldness. I pray that You will cause her to engage socially, to be friendly, and to be kind. I ask You to help her develop more vocabulary and sentences and overcome of her fear of speaking to others so that she will continue to grow and learn as quickly as possible. Lord, allow her to speak with confidence and boldness so that one day she will speak boldly on your behalf. Amen and Hallelujah

1 comment: