About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Since Brooke's diagnosis of hearing impairment, I have had an internal struggle about prayer. There are times I boldly pray that God will heal her; there are times I question whether I have "the right" to ask for healing: is it God's will? is it praying against God's purpose for her? is it okay to pray for to be changed?
There are times I pray for God to use her and her hearing loss without asking for healing. I struggle and those of you that know me, have heard me talk about this before. I pray that God will help her to learn quickly, to keep her hearing levels stable, for her to speak clearly.
But can I pray with boldness that God will heal her?
My Bible study for today (Thursday, Sept 16) led me to Lysa Terkeurst's website where she writes about praying boldly! It was a lesson I am very thankful for today. Here is a little taste of her message today:
"I have to admit I’m sometimes scared to pray boldy
It’s not at all that I don’t believe God can do anything. I absolutely do.
I’m wild about Jesus. Wild in my willingness. Wild in my obedience.
Wild in my adventures with God.
So, my hesitation isn’t rooted in any kind of doubt about God.
It’s more rooted in a doubt about myself and my ability to absolutely discern the will of God. The reality is sometimes God chooses not to do things. And if His will is no- while I am boldly praying for a yes- it makes me feel out of step with God."

No comments:

Post a Comment