About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for my husband. We have been married for 10 years and I am so grateful for the challenges, joys, arguments, and love we have shared! He is a talented professional, amazing father, and patient husband. Here are a few things I am thankful for today:

  • he is a man of God and loves the LORD
  • his family is always a priority
  • he is respected in his profession
  • he cleans the house whenever we have company over (maybe we need to invite more often)
  • he loves his kids; is playful with them, teaches them, and disciples them
  • he is a great kickball player
  • God has gifted him with tremendous patience
  • he is intelligent
  • he is athletic
  • he recognizes when I need a break (from my children, my home, my responsibilities) and offers me some time alone
  • he takes great care of our home
  • he makes me laugh
  • he is generous and wise with our finances
  • he never complains about the never-ending costs associated with Brooke's hearing loss
  • he picks up dinner at Moe's when I am in need of some yummy nachos!
  • he is a very handsome pirate

1 comment:

  1. very lucky to have him as a father and a husband as well.live long with him and the family

    ReplyDelete