About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rhyming

Brooke is having a very difficult time grasping the concepts of rhyming. We have tried playing lots of rhyming games but the idea of rhyming is too complicated for her.
I decided to try this game to help her get the simple concept of rhyming so she will feel really successful.

Tell your child, "We are going to play a rhyming game. Rhyming words have the same sound endings. I'm going to point to something on my body, and say a word. You're going to say the body part that rhymes. Okay?"


Give her two examples: Point to my leg and say "This is my beg. You say no this is your leg."
Pointing to my nose I say "This is my rose and you say no this is your nose."


Here's a list of body parts and rhyming words:

deer-ear
pail-nail
sack-back go-toe
gum-thumb
put-foot bye-eye
deck-neck
see-knee bear-hair
fin-chin
band-hand peek-cheek
farm-arm
feel-heel

No comments:

Post a Comment