About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Audio Cable for CI

Brooke has never been very interested in listening to music or playing with her video games because it has always been very difficult for her to hear the words to the songs or the directions on the games.  Today, she wanted to listen to her ipod and was using headphones.  She could hear the music but complained that she could not understand the words. 
We has used the audio cable one before but at that time she didn't like! I pulled it out again today.
What a difference!
Immediately she said she could understand the words to the songs and said, "This song is about Jesus."   She says she loves the cord and it is fantastic!

The cord plugs directly into her processor and into her ipod.  She listened to her ipod for hours today!  It was great to see her able to enjoy music more clearly through her cochlear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment