About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Our New Dog

Our New Dog
It's an exciting day for Miranda, Mark, and their parents. They have just acquired Duke, a playful puppy--and the first thing they need to do is gather all his things together: a leather collar, a water bowl, a food bowl, a leash, a bed, and some toys to keep him amused. Mom and Dad make it clear to the kids that Duke is not a toy, but another family member. Step-by-step, Miranda and Mark learn the many details that are a part of proper puppy care. But most of all, they discover how much fun it is to have a little dog in their home.

We were given this book by a sweet family at preschool. It is a wonderful story and the girls have enjoyed reading it! Since they loved the book so much, I thought we could do an activity to reinforce the concepts in the book. Hmmmmmm, what should we do?
Actually, the puppy can before the book; but he looks like to dog on the cover! Meet our new puppy Tex! And he has encouraged a lot of conversation and new vocabulary for Brooke. She called his Max for a few days and even confused me enough that I started calling him Max. She knows his name now and treats Tex like her baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment