About Me

My photo
I am just a mom: a mom of three kids and one of them is hearing impaired. We are a busy family and I am a very busy mom. I want my hearing impaired daughter, Brooke, to have every advantage so I try to incorporate as many lessons and strategies into our every day life. Most of the teaching I do with Brooke is incorporated into our daily routines and parent-directed play. This blog will include some of our formal lessons but mostly it will be learning to listen in the everyday.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

"This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

In November, we have a national holiday called Thanksgiving, when people celebrate all the things they're grateful for. Except we've gotten into the dangerous habit of taking it all for granted, even the sumptuous holiday meal. It is my goal to take the spirit of Thanksgiving and keep it all year long.

Life is just more fun when you're grateful, and you're more fun to be around.

Want to get more enjoyment out of life? Express gratitude to God more often! Be appreciative. Let others know that they matter to you. Say a silent prayer of appreciation when you get a morning kiss from your toddler, before you eat every meal, and for protecting your family throughout the day and His promise to protect throughout the night.

Thank God before you read the Bible, because you know that he reveals himself to you through his Word. Tell him you're glad for the specific ways he's helped you in the past, then thank him ahead of time for how he's going to help you in the future. That's putting your faith into action.

When you've had an especially bad day and have really messed up, tell God at bedtime that you're relieved it's finally over. Thank God for the gift of salvation because you could never make it to heaven on your own. Thank God that he loves you exactly same on a bad day as on a good day. Be grateful that when you ask God for patience, wisdom, and strength that He will provide it.

If you look for things to complain about, you'll find them. But if you look for things to thank God for, you'll find those too.
What I am thankful for today:

The cute things my kids say that make me laugh: like my son Jake saying, "Having a purse is better than having a wallet 'cause your money doesn't fall out."

Brooke's new therapy starting next week with a wonderful therapist, a great location, and perfect time of the day.

A great coupon my friend Stephanie gave me; saved $59! WooYoo

Band Aids...what would we do without Band Aids?

The attention-holding power of the Cinderella movie.

That my girls love to clean the house; they are mopping the floor as I type. Yes, I will have to go behind them with a large towel but none-the-less, the floors will be clean.

Turkey sausage links

God's beautiful creation - even the acorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment